Our mission is to provide a safe, secure, structured environment for male and female youth within a family setting, that will nurture them and enable them to reach their highest potential.
Foster Care Program: A Brief Explanation
Berrien County Trial Court Family Division, places court wards into Foster Care Homes; these youth range in age from 12 to 17 years-old. Some youth are in need of short-term placement ranging from 6 months to 1 year, and other youth will need long-term placement (more than one year).
- Berrien County Trial Court has implemented a comprehensive assessment process to better allow our Foster Parents to "know" the youth prior to that youth being placed into their home.
- Our Foster Parents are allowed an opportunity to interview the youth prior to the youth being place in their home.
- Berrien County Trial Court does not place any youth into foster care in the middle of the night.
- Every foster youth will meet with a foster care specialist at least twice a month.
- All foster youth attend counseling.
- All the foster youths' medical expenses are covered by Medicaid.
- Our Foster parents will be given a purchase order to purchase clothes for the youth.
- Foster parents are also reimbursed for the care and custody that they provide foster youth.