Berrien County Jail Ledger from March 15, 1838, during the tenure of Sheriff Fowler J. Preston.
1839 Berrien County Courthouse in Berrien Springs, Michigan is the oldest original courthouse still standing in Michigan.
Election Poster for George C. Bridgman circa 1920.
Sheriff George C. Bridgman, served from 1921 to 1924.
Moonshine raid in 1928, believed to be in New Buffalo. Appearing in this photo are Deputy Ben Phairas, Berrien County Sheriff Fred G. Bryant, Deputy Frank Priebe, Deputy Erwin Kubath, Deputy Chet Overcash and Deputy Charles Johnson.
Sheriff Jane Irene Cutler's first day on the job, February 16, 1932. She is Berrien County's first and only female sheriff to date.
Sheriff Charles A. Johnson, served from 1909 to 1912.
Sheriff James Graham, served from 1859 to 1862.
Berrien County Deputy Joseph Tennant standing at far left with a jury in 1885. Deputy Tennant would later become Sheriff of Berrien County serving from 1905 to 1908.
Berrien County Sheriff''s Office personnel under the command of Sheriff Fred G. Bryant, in center, circa 1928.
Berrien County Sheriff's Office Motorcycle Squad, circa 1931. On far left is Deputy Erwin Kubath and far right is Sheriff Fred J. Cutler.
April 4, 1929, The News-Palladium
St. Joseph Police Motorcycle Officer Gottlieb Koch
Old squad car emblem courtesy of Ret/LT. Mark McKie.
Frederick C. Franz served as Berrien County Sheriff from 1913-1918 and from 1925-1926. Election card courtesy of Donald Divis.
Behind Berrien County Jail, 1931. Photo courtesy of Ret/LT.. Mark McKie.
Special thanks to Robert C. Myers, Author, Historian and former Curator at The History Center at Courthouse Square in Berrien Springs.